Niranjan Sankaranarayanan, MD FASN
- Kilpauk Medical College - Chennai, India, 1994 (Doctor of Medicine)
- Internship/Residency: University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT- Internal Medicine, 1998-2001
- Chief Residency: University of Connecticut/St. Francis Hospital, 2001-2002
- Fellowship: University of Connecticut - Nephrology, 2002-2004
- Member, Royal College of Physicians (UK), 1998
- Internal Medicine, 2001 (re-certified 2011)
- Nephrology, 2004
- Clinical Specialist, Hypertension, 2005
- Fellow, American Society of Nephrology
About Dr. Sankaranarayanan:
Dr. Sankaranarayanan is passionately involved in pursuing his clinical interests with a focus on patient education and teaching medical students and resident doctors. He was awarded the Thomas R. Preston award for excellence in teaching for the year 2006-07 by the University of Connecticut Integrated Internal Medicine Residency Program.
Dr. Sankaranarayanan volunteers his time for the Kidney Early Evaluation Program (KEEP) offered by the National Kidney Foundation (NKF). He has been Chairman of the Medical Advisory Board of the Connecticut Chapter of the NKF.