Michael N. Moustakakis, MD FASN
- University of Texas at Austin - BA, Biology, 1991
- University of Texas Medical Branch- Galveston- Doctor of Medicine, 1995
- Internship/Residency: University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT - Internal Medicine, 1995-98
- Chief Residency: University of Connecticut/St. Francis Hospital - Internal Medicine, 1998-99
- Fellowship: University of Virginia - Nephrology, 1999-2001
- Internal Medicine, 1998 (renewed 2008)
- Nephrology, 2001 (renewed 2011)
- Fellow, American Society of Nephrology
About Dr. Moustakakis:
Dr. Moustakakis joined Greater Hartford Nephrology in 2001. He is the current Chief of Nephrology at St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center.
He also has an appointment as an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Connecticut Health Center. Dr. Moustakakis is a past recipient of the Thomas R. Preston Teaching Award by the University of Connecticut Internal Medicine Residency Program for excellence in the education of residency trainees.
He takes an active interest all aspects of nephrology and hypertension as well as in patients' rights and medical ethics. He is the Director of Acute Dialysis Services at St. Francis Hospital & Medical Center. He has been actively involved in the development of the St. Francis Accountable Care Organization (ACO) which will focus on quality measures and outcomes to benefit patients in the Hartford area. In his spare time, he loves photography, music, sports and travel.